?Open Letter To UN Secretary-General Mr. Koffi A. Anann from MOREP’s Head Dr Abi Saab asking the international communities to make pressure on both parties to stop the war, the only way to resolve all problems is through negotiation . “Human Rights” and “Geneva Convention” state to protect civilians and their properties during the war. According to the Charter of the United Nations (Protocol I – Preamble), every state has the duty to refrain from the threat or use of force against the sovereignty, territorial integrity, or political independence of any state. The Geneva Conventions must not be construed as legitimizing or authorizing any act of aggression or any other use of force inconsistent with the Charter of the United Nations. The Convention I Art. 35 states that transports of wounded and sick or of medical equipment must be respected and protected in the same way as mobile. The Art. 19 of convention I states also that “Fixed establishments and mobile medical units must be protected and respected by all sides in a conflict”. Also “Feigning of civilian or non-combatant status is perfidy and prohibited” by the Geneva Conventions (Protocol I. Art. 37, Sec. 1). Dr Abi Saab added that neutral countries not involved in the conflicts have the obligation to observe the requirements of the Geneva Conventions. The First Protocol protects victims of international conflicts and the Second Protocol extends protections to victims of internal conflicts. Please respect this convention and don’t include civilians into the destructive war, protect medical care personal, medical transport and wounded persons. Asking to stop the war immediately.
Hashtags’ MOREPAgriculture Air Pollution Awards Books Broadcast charity Civil War Climate Change CO2 CO2 emission COP15 CSR Culture Development Economics Ecosystem Ecotourism Education Election Environment Global Warming Humanity Liberty Medical Chapter Middle East Peace Middle east Politics MOREP actions MOREPISTS MOREP NEWS Natural reserve News Petition Politics Poll Pollution Reform RELIGIONS Science Secular System UN Vote Waste
Most recent articles
- BILAG 2004 scoring scheme updated 2010: categories for renal component explained
- Abi Saab, morep president, addressing to activists: save the Earth.
- United For Lebanon: Under Barcelona treaty for the Mediterranean sea, UNEP responds to our quest for the Costa Brava landfill and marine waste.
- Civil movement press conference in Lebanon: United to save the mediterranean sea from “Corrupted” landfill waste on sea banks.
- Dr Abi Saab, MOREP president for medical research on Al Jazeera Mubasher.
- Antarctic treaty. MOREP for further research development under U.N.
- Abi Saab on talk show: Medical awareness program with Al Jazeera TV
- Zareh Hadajian: Architect in the line of Art
- Laila Fakher, a business developer of Intermediate company at City Scape
- COP 21 Analysis