?Agricultural damage from summer conflict in Lebanon reaches $280 million according to the FAO. While the conflict affected the agriculture sector directly, the indirect economic impact in terms of lost markets and labor opportunities was much more important. The Food and Agriculture Organization will start-up funding 17 million US$ for some priority initiatives. Harvests tree damage and crop production are the main losses. MOREP ‘s Agriculture Reform Chapter stresses that funding to reestablish this sector should be managed together with finding contract with other countries for products export. Our products should be also made by biological way to find more clients and hence better contracts of crop export. Agriculture Reform Chapter suggests to establish a commission of Bio-Agriculture with the FAO and the Ministry of Agriculture to help these kind of production through out Lebanon.?
Hashtags’ MOREPAgriculture Air Pollution Awards Books Broadcast charity Civil War Climate Change CO2 CO2 emission COP15 CSR Culture Development Economics Ecosystem Ecotourism Education Election Environment Global Warming Humanity Liberty Medical Chapter Middle East Peace Middle east Politics MOREP actions MOREPISTS MOREP NEWS Natural reserve News Petition Politics Poll Pollution Reform RELIGIONS Science Secular System UN Vote Waste
Most recent articles
- United For Lebanon: Under Barcelona treaty for the Mediterranean sea, UNEP responds to our quest for the Costa Brava landfill and marine waste.
- Civil movement press conference in Lebanon: United to save the mediterranean sea from “Corrupted” landfill waste on sea banks.
- Dr Abi Saab, MOREP president for medical research on Al Jazeera Mubasher.
- Antartica treaty for research. MOREP for further reasearch development under the U.N.
- Abi Saab on talk show: Medical awareness program with Al Jazeera TV
- Zareh Hadajian: Architect in the line of Art
- Laila Fakher, a business developer of Intermediate company at City Scape
- COP 21 Analysis
- Assadour, a special interview
- Environmental concerns and medical waste, a MOREP action