Open windows after you enter your car. In brief: According to research done by a U.C., the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener, will emit Benzene, a cancer causing toxin (carcinogen). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. It may also cause miscarriage. Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per square foot. A car parked indoors with the doors closed will contain 400 ? 800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 15 degrees C. the Benzene level goes up to 2000 ? 4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level. The people inside the car will inevitably inhale as excess amount of the toxin. It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for the interior to air before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver, and is difficult for your body to expel.
Hashtags’ MOREPAgriculture Air Pollution Awards Books Broadcast charity Civil War Climate Change CO2 CO2 emission COP15 CSR Culture Development Economics Ecosystem Ecotourism Education Election Environment Global Warming Humanity Liberty Medical Chapter Middle East Peace Middle east Politics MOREP actions MOREPISTS MOREP NEWS Natural reserve News Petition Politics Poll Pollution Reform RELIGIONS Science Secular System UN Vote Waste
Most recent articles
- Civil movement press conference in Lebanon: United to save the mediterranean sea from “Corrupted” landfill waste on sea banks.
- Dr Abi Saab, MOREP president for medical research on Al Jazeera Mubasher.
- Antartica treaty for research. MOREP for further reasearch development under the U.N.
- Abi Saab on talk show: Medical awareness program with Al Jazeera TV
- Zareh Hadajian: Architect in the line of Art
- Laila Fakher, a business developer of Intermediate company at City Scape
- COP 21 Analysis
- Assadour, a special interview
- Environmental concerns and medical waste, a MOREP action
- Waste to compost: a MOREP action